• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Luftwaffe Oberfeldwebel Pilot August 1944

egonzinc

Brigade Commander
Luftwaffwe Oberfeldwebel Pilot
August 1944

414146643.jpg

A quick bash that was originally intended to look like a smaller scale miniature posted by my good friend Jaime Fernandez (Montañez).
One of the magical aspects of the 1/6 hobby is looking at a print, figure or real photograph and realizing that you can make your own version in 1/6 scale.
The heavy leather jacket that was represented in the image I liked, I knew I had in stock… in fact I had three of them… BUT it was not meant to be as all three pieces were ruined by what I call “leather rot”.
So I decided to go ahead with the figure with a lighter leather jacket. My version is not an officer but a veteran NCO. This tough looking veteran pilot will go on to my displays where it will share the space with other figures of various scales and models.

414146642.jpg

414146644.jpg

414146645.jpg

414146646.jpg

414146647.jpg

414146648.jpg

414146649.jpg

414146650.jpg

414146651.jpg

414146652.jpg

414146653.jpg

This was the miniature I wanted to duplicate:

414146674.jpg

Here the heavy flight jackets that would have made the bash possible.. not meant to be!

414146675.jpg

Great looking figure Eduardo, shame about those jackets tho, been experiencing same problem with Y-Straps as of late

I can’t remember how many “rubber” y-sraps I gave away... not any mire. I actually went hunting for LW y-straps when I was doing a large group of FJ a while back. The preferred “leather lije” newer pieces are a POS!!!
Live and learn!

Awesome job, Eduardo!

Love the pilot! He's well layered, too! That came out nicely - not something that always happens in 1:6th!

A shame about the white leather flying jackets from Eugen Kroh! I'm sorry to see that happen to anything in the hobby!

Again, great job on the pilot! Very sharp!

Fred

Back